Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What we give

I have not been blogging much lately. I find it interesting that my readership has not dropped off much despite of that. Thinking less blogging coincides with many people taking vacations so the 2 go hand in hand.

I attended a fund raiser for the Guelph General hospital last week at the home of Frank and Margaret Hasenfratz from Linamar. Frank gave a short speech and used the following quotation, "We make a living by what we get; we make life by what we give" (Sir Winston Churchill 1874 – 1965).

A good quotation and good words to live by.

3 comments:

  1. Great Quote. Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words, indeed. The challenge is to turn them into action. My parents taught me to give away time, talent and treasure. I think it's important to give money, but it's also important to give bits of time (the non-renewable resource) and the best of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to read your thoughts on:

    I have read numerous books / blogs on leadership, but this amazing clip had been the most inspirational …

    http://slidesandcode.blogspot.com/2007/08/leadership-lessons-by-nature.html

    ReplyDelete