Thursday, August 28, 2008

Learn More to Save Time

A friend of mine emailed me the following Time Management tip:

"One of the most basic time management enhancers that I think many of your readers could take advantage of is software application training. Software is so feature rich that we miss out on likely 50-75% of the features available to us because what we know serves us well enough. Consider a 20% improvement in your use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to name a few. Not only will the end products be completed faster but likely improved quality as well."

I attended a 20 minute seminar today at SYNNEX that was put on for our staff called "10 outlook tricks that can save you time". I learned a few things - some of which I have already implemented. And I will save more than the 20 minutes it cost in the next month and every month after that.

I run a busy life and I constantly work to find the right balance between learning and doing.

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY (courtesy of SimplyHeadlines.com)
------------------------------
Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

(one of the things I always admire about Da Vinci is his proficiency in so many fields. He also inspires me to reach higher)



1 comment:

  1. Oh... you've definitely hit on one of my pet peeves. I've worked for so many companies that buy powerful software solutions and don't train staff to use it correctly. Before I jumped off the corporate ship, I spent late nights and weekends trying to customize things like Salesforce and Outlook to work better for our teams. And once I created a template or figured out a new shortcut, there was never any turning back!

    Great post. Share some of the Outlook tips?

    ReplyDelete