Wednesday, March 8, 2006

How I use my travel time

I am in the airport lounge about to fly to Vegas for the SYNNEX quarterly executive meeting.

I use my flight time to get caught up on trade journals. I take a huge stack to the lounge and quickly flip through them and rip out the articles of interest. This way I reduce the pile from 5 KG to perhaps 50 pages.

I also bring books.

I do have an iPod with tons of audio books on it.

I take a notebook and sometimes do email (although this time, I am up to date so likley will not).

I always have my RIM for short emails as well (although don't worry, I obediently turn off the radio while flying).

I always carry a note pad to take notes. Often I am inspired by what I read and so I write my ideas. I find a long flight is often the perfect venue for me to collect my thoughts and flesh out plans.

I actually treasure my travel time (although I could live without the lines through security etc). No interruptions. Solitary time - its good.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds similar to the kind of things that I would normally do but moreso I like reading and having some soft music playing on my ipod. In terms of what I read it could be, a novel, a book on life philosophy or even just some articles I print off the net. But I find it better to travel on a train or plane rather than driving because with driving you can't get anything else done whereas on a train or a plane you can put the travel time to good use!

    Amit

    ReplyDelete