Sunday, December 3, 2006

Weekend Off

If you are looking for business insights - this is the wrong post. This would come under what Stephen Covey calls Sharpening the Saw. Rest so I can come back stronger.

This post is in honour of one my fellow SYNNEX executives I was speaking to on Thursday who was complaining that the weather in California was cold at 45 degrees farhenheit. It was a bit colder here (but still quite mild at minus 3 degrees Celcius or about 25 degrees farhenheit.)

Friday at 6:30, Elizabeth and I set off up north to the Haliburton Area. We did not get back until 8:30 tonight.

We portaged and canoed into a small shack of a cabin. Then hiked for a few hours. I like hiking in the snow, knowing as long as there is daylight, you can follow your tracks back. Lots of fresh air and exercise. It was beautiful. I loved it.

I let the photos below tell the story.









You can see the cabin across the lake in this one.



4 comments:

  1. It's always good to get a day in the woods, it really adds clarity to ones thinking.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim

    So glad you enjoyed your weekend in Haliburton! It is definitely a great place to get away from it all. Come back and visit us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pics dad but really. living in the lap of luxury isn't typical of you. I think you could have done without the front porch ;)

    Love you
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great.Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete