Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What would I like to have...

Too many meetings and calls today and I left for a YPO meeting at 4. Then stopped by for a visit with my brother and parents. So by the time I got home at 11 or so, I had managed to accumulate almost 100 emails (and thats only since 4). Trying hard to get that volume down. On the positive though, I am fast at working through them. And I repeat often "its nice to be so popular".

I am practicing a technique I called, what would you like to have done or accomplished.

The way this works is first thing in the morning (and often the night before also) I make a short list of the things that I would like to accomplish by the time the day is through. Simply the action of making this list keeps my mind focused on these important tasks and I tend to find that I get more of those task completed when i do this.

Simple.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog avidly and as a business owner I’m always interested in managing my time more effectively. Many times you mention “making a list” or a "To Do" list etc.
    I would be very interested in how you manage those lists/tasks as I assume you use technology and not scraps of paper. Especially keeping track of what’s delegated and follow ups.
    regards
    Ed

    ReplyDelete