Saturday, April 19, 2008

Setting Perfect Priorities and Impossibility

I love the early morning hours. So many things I like to do. And now with the wonderful weather, it is even nicer. First thing in the morning, it is all about possibilities. Tonight when I go to bed, its about results.

I have been traveling this week so lots of catch up today. And I have neglected stuff around the house so have lost of mail to go through, bills to pay, den to organize etc. I know I will suffer today from "People always tend to overestimate what they can accomplish in a day". But I love the next part "People always tend to underestimate what they can accomplish in a year".

I have recently had to do some major juggling of my schedule. This causes guilt for the things I have to cancel (although I realize this sort of guilt serves no purpose). It is a problem of possibilities. I have just so many things I want to do and so many things I get invited to do.

Life really is about setting priorities. Not only at a big level but at the tiniest of level. I tend to be long term goal oriented so this helps me set some priorities. I am not sure there is a perfect way. Thinking if I figure that out, there would be a good book there. I did research it a bit and found lots of articles including those here, here, and here.

One reason I study time management is so I can do more things. It works well as long as I remember to schedule time for the things that build me up and make me stronger and therefore more productive.

I am grateful that I have so many things I want to do.

Perhaps cloning will advance.

1 comment:

  1. Time management is critical, but more importantly wheather one is aiming for the right goals and working in the right directions.
    Check this out, would be curious what you think since I have read and enjoyed your blog quite a bit
    http://www.radicalchangegroup.com/blog/2007/12/09/from-fear-to-excellence/

    ReplyDelete